Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gail Simone Got Fired from DC via E-Mail.

So Gail Simone got fired from writing Batgirl, via an email. DC Comics is just such a clusterfuck right now. All of the other writers - the Bat-writers especially - seem pretty pissed. I wonder when the entire company will just be Dan DiDio, Geoff Johns, and Jim Lee jerking eachother off.
I know I've groused about the silly costumes and whatnot in the NĂ¼52, but shit like this is the REAL reason you're not gonna' see me talking about too many DC books on this blog. 
EDIT:
She totally got hired back as soon as her fans complained. So there was like one issue that didn't have Simone writing it. But seriously, fuck DC and their editorial staff anyhow. I know Ms. Simone was treated pretty poorly by Marvel, but I still think she needs to get the heck away from DC at this point too. The fact that they have no idea how to treat artists is a major part of DC Comics as an institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment