Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wednesdaybusiness 7/3/13

More one-sentence reviews! Because I am a very busy man.

This week, Marvel had some awesome Mega Man-style variant covers, so I used those images here. In real life, I don't have the time or cash to chase down variants, but there you go.

-------

Avengers #15 by Jonathan Hickman, Nick Spencer,  and Stefano Caselli


I guess this is part of the "Prelude to Infinity", but it seems to just be continuing the narrative that's been chugging along since the very beginning of the series - which is what I want, honestly.

-------

Avengers A.I. #1 by Sam Humphries and André Lima Araújo


This is a comic about Hank Pym assembling an all-robot Avengers team to fight a malevolent artificial intelligence, and I am 100% behind that.

-------

Deadpool Kills Deadpool #1 by Cullen Bunn and Salva Espin


Deadpool stories are sometimes hit-or-miss, but this series - where a war is breaking out between the Deadpools of multiple alternate universes - seems to be a hit (though I will miss Headpool from Marvel Zombies, who was the first casualty).

-------

Dial H #14 by China Miéville and Alberto Ponticelli


This comic is fucking bonkers and I love it, and the idea of dials other than H-Dials - ones that summon sidekicks, weapons, and even interdimensional portals - is so fun.

-------

Green Lantern #22 by Robert Vendetti and Billy Tan


After Geoff Johns wrote what was basically the last Green Lantern story ever, all Green Lantern comics now feel a little awkward; but not as awkward as the fact that this current Larfleeze story arc has nothing at all to do with the current Larfleeze mini-series.

-------

Iron Man #12 by Kieron Gillen and Dale Eaglesham


I really hope this whole story turns out to be a hoax/imaginary story/nightmare/whatever, because it is 1) not very good and 2) screwing with the very fabric of Iron Man's character.

-------

The Movement #3 by Gail Simone and Freddie Williams II


This comic is pulling me in bit by bit, which is not surprising because I love Gail Simone's writing, but the muddy artwork is very distracting.

-------

Red She-Hulk #67 by Jeff Parker, Carlo Pagulayan, Patrick Olliffe, and Wellinton Alves


This is the last issue of my absolute favorite Marvel NOW! comic; though it ended with Betty getting her "big ass sword" back and starting a superhero team made up of her, the other She-Hulk, Machine Man, Man-Thing, and Nikola Tesla, and I hope somebody starts a series about them because I would read the FUCK out of that.

-------

The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #1 by Nick Spencer and Steve Lieber


This comic is not exactly what I hoped it would be, but it's entertaining regardless, and seems to focus on Boomerang, which is pretty fun.

-------

Thunderbolts #12 by Charles Soule and Steve Dillon


Steve Dillon came back to illustrate an all-Punisher issue, and I officially like this comic again because of it.

-------

What If... Avengers versus X-Men # by Jimmy Palmiotti and Jorge Molina


Apparently the answer to "What if the Avengers had accidentally killed Storm at the very beginning of AvX?" is "Magneto would drop an entire S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier on their faces," and I like that answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment